Paul is Of Counsel at Kalidass Law Corporation since 2020. He is also a Senior Lecturer in the School of Law at Singapore University of Social Sciences. He teaches Criminal Law, Trial Advocacy, Wills and Probate Administration.
Previously, as a Legal Service Officer, he had served as a Deputy Public Prosecutor, Assistant Official Assignee, Assistant Official Receiver, Assistant Public Trustee and a Senior Assistant Director of the Insolvency and Public Trustee’s Office, MinLaw. Thereafter, he also served as a Principal Prosecuting Officer and Senior Assistant Director of MOM.
He has considerable experience in criminal matters and believes that every advocate and solicitor is his own due process.
Memberships and Professional Activities
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, The Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Criminal Law Practice Committee, Law Society, 2021
- Member, Criminal Legal Aid Scheme Committee, Law Society, 2021 – 2022
- Member, Pro bono Law Awareness Committee, Law Society, 2021 – 2022
- Member, Asia Pacific Institute of Experts (APIEx), 2021 – 2022
PP v Abdul Jalil s/o Abdul Kadar  SGDC 188
PP v Koh Suat Lay  SGDC 398
PP v Tan Chiah Khing  SGDC 35
PP v Muhammad Izwan Bin Jaffari  SGDC 171
PP v Nallusamy Narayanan  SGMC 14
PP v Poh Kwi Ko  SGMC 39
- Criminal Jurisprudence, Employment Laws, Insolvency Laws, Trial Advocacy, Workplace Safety and Health Laws, Wills, Probate and Administration.
- Melvin Loh and Paul Cheong, “Continuing on the Path to a Safer Singapore – A Commentary on the Criminal Law (Miscellaneous Amendments) Bill”, The Singapore Law Gazette (September 2021)
- Paul Cheong, “When Destiny Does not Favour the Gambler – A Commentary on the Gambling Regulatory Authority of Singapore Bill and the Gambling Control Bill”, Singapore Law Gazette (April 2022)